With a wide variety of digital commerce technology offerings available today, choosing the right solution for your eCommerce solution is critical to keep your business competitive. For this, businesses need to know what capabilities or features of their eCommerce solution can meet customer requirements and increase customer satisfaction.
According to Forrester, there are three major categories of digital commerce technology that you can deploy for your business:
● Commerce Platforms: These platforms include a pre-integrated transaction engine along with a web shopping interface that is customer-facing.
● Commerce Software Suites: These suites consist of a collection of customer relationship management applications as well as product information management software. These suites enhance the management of product information as well as customer activities across multiple sales and marketing channels.
● Commerce components: Commerce components make use of APIs to develop customized eCommerce applications as well as microservices that are integrated with an eCommerce transaction engine.
Getting your website up-to-date and ensuring customer satisfaction are the two major objectives to be considered while looking to upgrade your eCommerce system. Here are key points to consider when doing so:
● Refreshing the Features – Visual and graphic elements are crucial as user experience (UX) plays a major role in the buying behavior of consumers. Effective and visually attractive landing pages, as well as a functionally rich website, increases visitors to your website and improves branding.
● Optimizing The Checkout Process – According to a study by the Baymard Institute, a lengthy and complex checkout process on an eCommerce website results in 27% of consumers abandoning their carts. A user-friendly, streamlined checkout page is thus essential to finalize transactions. Sending automated cart abandonment notifications to encourage customers to revisit orders and enabling compatible checkout processes for all operating systems are also key upgrade elements.
● Improving Site Speed – Slow loading times generally result in users terminating browsing sessions. Testing your eCommerce website speed – and improving it, if necessary – can help improve traffic, rankings, and in turn, sales.
● Improving Customer Support – Responsive customer support is crucial for any eCommerce system and has a huge impact on driving customer loyalty. Digitizing customer support with the help of chatbots can enhance customer service and improve customer loyalty through quick and responsive interaction.
When choosing upgrades for your eCommerce website, it is important to know what strategies are best suited for your business model. Brainstorming with your business and management team, and understanding strategic and long-term plans for the company, will provide you the major objectives for your eCommerce upgrade and can guide you to finalize the features required for a streamlined eCommerce system in the future.
The current capabilities of your business, the roadmap as well as internal business requisites are all crucial factors to consider while opting for an upgrade. Identifying the key performance indicators as well as the need for improved customer experience will help in choosing the apt strategies for your eCommerce website.
To learn more about different ways in which your business can upgrade your eCommerce system for positive outcomes, talk to our eCommerce strategists today.
To know more about MAI's expertise in contact center and fulfillment services, please drop in an email now!